Thread: Trailer
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 06:10 PM   #2
holdover

Default Re: Trailer

15' sounds too short but maybe not, measure your PU front to back and remember you want to balance it on the trailer with some tongue weight. I assume the trailer is dual rear wheels. I have three I tow with, a 18' open tow behind, a 20' enclosed tow behind and a 22' goose neck. My '29 CCPU fits the 18' well as well as the others, I use the enclosed if traveling more than a short distance or at more than 50 MPH or if there is any chance for bad weather. Good luck with your purchase.

BTW here is how I position my vehicles on a trailer, with the trailer hooked up to the tow vehicle on level ground, I like pavement or cement, I place a scale under the front screw lift and adjust it down on a scale until it starts to register weight, then I drive my vehicle on the trailer moving forward till It registers about 250-300 lbs of weight. We tow with F250s and F350s. When I am in the right spot I mark the trailer with a line at the forward edge of the front wheel for that vehicle. In buying a trailer keep in mind you might want to haul something larger in the future. Hope this helps.
holdover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)