Thread: 28 battery box
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 10:19 PM   #14
psimet

Default Re: 28 battery box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Karr View Post
I would recommend that you take the original battery support assembly , remove what is left of the lower flat tray, buy a new flat tray with a single drain hole in the center, and have someone spot weld it in as it was originally designed. Your side supports and forged mounting brackets look to be in usable shape. You will then use two head studs that thread into the top holes. They will hold the two small forged battery hold downs as pictured in the Restoration Guidelines and Judging Standards on 4-9, revised 2011.

I missed that in the standards. It’s interesting now reading it that is says my forged bracket was stopped in August. My car is a mid September ‘28 or late September car and definitely has this forged one with 2 mounting holes. Also has the forged steel clamp so the standards are wrong there. My car also has a lot of other features that were supposed to be gone by September leading me to believe it was assembled in a plant that wasn’t exactly the busiest.

I just don’t see this stamped one going in without having to drill new holes which I am not doing. The one I have is rusted through in one spot but my uncle fixed it at some point with a steel or iron L bracket welded to the outside of it.

Looks like I have a pile of parts and still no way to put my battery in my car.

Thank you for the reference on the standard section. I would have looked right over it 20 times without seeing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
psimet is offline   Reply With Quote