View Single Post
Old 07-21-2023, 12:28 AM   #176
GB SISSON

Default Re: What in Tarnation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatford8 View Post
That’s a great picture......something about the lighting I think......Mark
Thanks Mark... Ya, I like that picture too. Sometimes I just get a good one.Somehow it's night time, yet the sky is blue and I am sort of partial to cab clearance lights on the bigger trucks. Yankee 77s on that '40. That kid, youngest of four is 28 now and works for an excavation company here on the island. I'm still busy in the wood shop working alone and enjoying it at least enough to pay the bills. I have been working on this tonner a lot in the past week as I am changing out the headache rack and other work pertaining to the bed. I plan on driving it up to Lynden Wa for the tractor/gas engine/steam show on Aug 2-5 and am needing things set up differently. I'm keeping the US Navy bomb hoist on the rear bumper along with the 80 lb Athol vice on the opposite side for proper balance. I have taken some pics and think I will post a thread with some of this latest flurry of manic activity. Fortunately we have had a very moderate summer here in all regards. In the islands a normal day has been clear and 75 and maybe six weeks without rain. Awful hard to keep me inside that ol woodshop when this project is parked 30 feet away! Stay tuned
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote