View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #20
David J

Default Re: Reproduction 21 Stud heads

Good info here and also remember the 40- heads with pt# and no Ford script or suffix after the part # . I call those variation 2 or late 33 - early 34 . The ones with suffix and no script are variation 3 and the ones with script and suffix are variation 4 . Just my terminology but as you can see this gets messy and this only goes to mid 34 . Pretty sure Don Rogers touched on it here before but I also have always figured Ford got these from more than one source . On your question of marketability what ones would you copy ? There are enough variations of these to make that a significant decision . Add the fact they are fairly time specific and you have issues with choices and at $1,500 or whatever your market may be thin unless you have the exact variation needed . I would not be a buyer as I have all that I need but IF I was a buyer it would be for the early unmarked ones and the ones with the part # and no suffix or script second choice . No clue on 35-36 types as I don't go there .
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
Don't forget the other original form with no part numbers and no script used for much of the '33 model year.

Ford's engineering releases indicate that the script was not added until August, 1934, which suggests that all '33s and most '34s were originally equipped with script-less heads.

Last edited by David J; 06-30-2013 at 09:38 AM. Reason: cleanup
David J is offline   Reply With Quote