View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 11:28 AM   #31
Licensed to kill

Default Re: What Defines Over-Revving The Model A's Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick L. View Post
"the late Herm Kohnke" ???????

pre-detonation ??? no such thing. pre-igntion and detonation which are 2 different animals.

The main problem I see with driving at 65mph is not the driving part, but, the stopping part. [ even with perfect brakes] That said anyone can operate their vehicle any way they wish. Over the years some say they drive/cruise at 65 and others say they run theirs at WOT in all gears until they reach the speed they want. To each their own.
While I agree that everyone is free to drive as they wish, I think (at least for me) the point of these "cruising speed" discussions is to determine what is considered best for the health/longevity of the engine and why (the "why" part is important to me). I don't want to drive around at 20MPH thinking that I'm saving my engine if 40 or 50MPH is just fine and I don't want to be driving at 50-60MPH thinking that it's just fine to find out down the road (no pun intended) that my engine pound3d out the bearings prematurely because of it. So, yes, anyone can operate their "A" anyway they choose but it's best if that choice is an informed one. JMO.
Licensed to kill is offline   Reply With Quote