View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #27
Big Z

Default Re: The whole story of my 1936 Ford 3 window coupe "barn Find" and how I am preservin

Thanks for all the comments everyone. My plans are as follows for the car:
It already runs and drives, so I want to make it run better, stop better, and be reliable. I don't plan on changing much, just fix what needs fixing.

So the first thing was to check out the brakes. They work but not perfect. I found a complete set of brakes here on the hamb that came off a restored 36. I was going to buy them if mine were shot. I finally had time and made room to jack up the car and get the wheels of of her.

When I pulled the rear drums I knew what I had from previously fixing the broken axle, so no surprises. When I pulled the front drums off, everything came apart really good because someone greased the hell out of the front brakes, not a bad grease seal, the brakes are greased. The only thing I can think of was the brakes squeaked and someone sold it and wanted them quiet many years ago. I am going to buy new woven shoes. Drums are great.

The kingpins are loose, spring bushing are shot, so I decided to pull the whole axle.

With it out I can adjust the steering box and fix the exhaust much easier.

I think I am going to clean it up and just put it all back together. I was going to paint it, but I think that takes away from the car.

Here it is sitting in the garage tonight

www.meltdowndrags.com
Big Z is offline   Reply With Quote