View Single Post
Old 05-22-2021, 03:41 PM   #22
P.S.

Default Re: Dropping the pan , recent You Tube .

Thanks, guys. Since I was partially disabled for a few days, I took some online classes to try and learn more about making successful videos. Always eager to learn new things! In 2 days, I learned a lot.

First thing I learned is that my videos are really low quality compared to most others on YouTube. That's OK though since my goal isn't to get millions of subscribers, or be some kind of video star, but just to share my over-the-top enthusiasm for the Model A and some tips to help others. That's it. The titles alexiskai mentioned were just an experiment. Turns out, that's pretty much what it takes these days to get a video noticed.

For the record, I never have, and never would drag a Model A with a new rebuilt motor in it! In the minds of some, every bad video is my fault I guess. Also, if web forum "experts" think I'm an idiot, that's fine. I don't care. My only goal is to help others, and especially new and potential Model A owners. The real experts already know more than me, they don't need my videos. I make the videos for everyone else, and those who are thinking about maybe owning a Model A.

When I read stories from people like a few here in this thread who decided to own a Model A because of my videos, then that's good enough for me! While the web forums complain that the hobby is shrinking, I borrowed my wife's iphone and tripod and did something about it. I show people how easy and fun it is to own and maintain a Model A. I don't argue on web forums anymore. I discovered it is pointless and does nothing to grow Model A enthusiasm with the younger crowd. So, those who criticize my videos only make me want to do more because they aren't for them, they are for people like the ones I mentioned.
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)