View Single Post
Old 05-20-2021, 10:38 AM   #17
mgambuzza

Default Re: Dropping the pan , recent You Tube .

Quote:
Originally Posted by psimet View Post
Paul's videos have been one of the only things keeping me from pulling my hair out.

I love boomers. I respect the level of knowledge that exists but I do believe it's time to move that knowledge on into more modern forms of storage in order to not lose it. This from a guy who is almost 50. I thank Paul for doing such great work. I wouldn't be here without it.

Ditto to that. I was running into this situation with my 1973 450SL with the D-Jetronic system troubleshooting - those in the know were passing on, the complicated troubleshooting devices obsolete/unavailable, so working on these were almost completely done "in the dark" When I had control point issues last summer, I was buying distributors, Control Point modules (no longer available - have to rely on faith on used/ran good when last used), wires, cap, AAV - the parts list seemed endless and the dollars were like a gas fed fire. The Control point consisted of a series of four sets of points, run off two cams inside the distributor - which controlled the discharge of fuel for the injection system, and another cam with points on the top of the distributor for the ignition. There were points troubleshooting this where I think I invented new words when troubleshooting just to get this to run right - and no one at that time had comprehensive videos, let alone simple videos to walk you through troubleshooting many of these items.

Paul's videos lured me to the Model A, and now as an owner, I am amazed on the ease of getting parts, the high volume of expertise in forums/chats, and the camaraderie from others who own them. Even when I get in a jam, I don't have to have a PhD in Electrical and Automotive technology to keep it running. Keep those videos coming Paul!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mercedes Control Points.jpg (73.1 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by mgambuzza; 05-20-2021 at 07:18 PM.
mgambuzza is offline   Reply With Quote