View Single Post
Old 05-20-2021, 05:22 AM   #10
P.S.

Default Re: Dropping the pan , recent You Tube .

Thank you for the kind words.

The part about retiming the car was a flub. I was thinking ahead of my mouth. I'm just a regular guy, not some polished TV star. Sorry about that one.

The oil pump looked fine. If it looked even remotely clogged with anything, I would have dropped it. But after seeing the oil that came out, I decided to keep it in place, like 90% of regular (non expert) people do when dropping the pan. This video series on "Operation Hooptie" is 't meant to be an all inclusive how-to on everything. It's meant to be a bare minimum to get from hooptie to monthly club tour participant. I'm trying to illustrate how simple the cars are and how even a neglected inexpensive Model A can be made good enough with minimal money and effort to go have some fun in it.

I did clean out the pan. That was given a quick mention. Didn't show removing dipper tray and cleaning the pan because it was uneventful and boring. The video was already too long.

The next one coming out this weekend will be brakes, wheel bearings, etc. Since this car is not getting restored, only serviced and minor repairs, it's a series of video for "average guys" who buy a hooptie Model A and want to take it out for occasional club tours. Not a full step by step frame-up restoration how-to. Some of you guys here are way beyond the scope of this video series.

Feel free to pick apart the dumb stuff I do. I never pretend to be an expert, just a guy with an iphone on a tripod who does everything with one take and no fancy crew, editing software, talent, etc.
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote