View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 07:50 AM   #36
rockfla

Default Re: What's your "Go To" for a hard head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
Michael, the slide hammer technique sounds good but that's completely Rock's department. He's finally able to work on his projects in his new shop ... and doesn't need anyone hanging over his shoulder.

(He does allow me to tune up his distributors though.)
Hoop
You are welcome at my house "ANY" time you wish to come and stand over my shoulder as much as you like. AS I am NOW taking a "more hands on approach, I have eaten my share of crow on my "knowledge" of these flatheads and constantly learn so I am still a "student" to any teacher available.
Per our phone conversation yesterday, I got it back down on the deck, tried "several" attempts to bring it up as even as possible....to NO avail. It gets to about 75% off and stops dead on that one middle back stud. When its back down on the deck, I can shim the front of the head a little and grab the neck of the water outlet and move it back and forth enough to see PB Blaster getting squished out from around that stud BUT up to a certain point NO moving beyond it. After an hour last night I feel my head isn't quite as "hard" as this head and JSeery's post about "removing the stud" kept ringing in my head SO I got it back down enough to either A) Jam a coupe of Jam nuts together and back the stud out OR B) as another suggested...Weld a nut to it and back it out. That is where I'm at. AGAIN, you are most welcome to come and see for yourself in case I'm having "paralysis of analysis" OR for some reason tunnel vision and missing "something" BUT I feel I have remained patient enough and been through in my attempt.

Thanks everyone for ALL the responses, as always it is greatly appreciated.
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote