View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 05:04 PM   #10
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: 39 pedals in a 36 frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36coupe View Post
DD sent me the template. The rearward hole that orientates the location of the brake pedals must be the same on all 35-40 frames.

I do not have a 39 clutch arm, so will have to try find one. (I’ll buy one if anybody has an extra one laying around)

The 1st picture BELOW shows a '35 chassis which has had a set of '39 pedals adapted to it. This image shows the 1939 clutch arm and how it leans toward the LEFT side of the car to line-up with the '39 pedal.

DO NOT think that you can just heat and bend an arm from another year, because the '39 arm is of a specific length (hole to hole center lines), and if not the proper length, will screw-up the ratio of the whole pedal/arm set-up as far as feel and proper clutch disengagement.

This 2nd picture BELOW shows the same '35 chassis and the relative position of the '39 pedals, as well as the linkage between pedal and clutch-release arm. Pay no attention to the custom extension for the master cylinder mount.

Your replacement transmission mount appears to be the correct '37 thru '40 mount. I would feel comfortable using 5/16" bolts with this mount.

BELOW is a '37 thru '40 steering box mount. Those holes APPEAR to be more like 3/8" holes. If so, I would use 3/8" bolts. If the original rivet holes in the chassis are only 5/16", then so be it. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote