View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 07:21 PM   #470
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Katy's comments that need to be clarified.
Originally Posted by katy

FWIW, I thoroughly dislike the Magpies around here. They're pretty, but, they're the most obnoxious bird I've ever seen. They harass all the other birds. The only birds they seem to get along with are their own kind. They eat the eggs of the other birds, they'll screech and chatter and make a nuisance of themselves for no apparent reason.They're worse than the sparrows and they're bad enough.

And gary's response.

Hey Katy, it’s little wonder you dislike your magpie because it belongs to the crow family. No one likes crows. From Wikipedia copied below in blue.

The black-billedmagpie (Pica hudsonia), also known as the American magpie, is a bird in the crow family that inhabits the westernhalf of North America, from Colorado, to southern coastal Alaska to northern California, northern Nevada, northern Arizona, northern New Mexico, central Kansas, and Nebraska.

The Australian magpie is a different genus and again from Wikipedia copied in blue below.

The Australian magpie (Gymnorhina tibicen) is a medium-sized black and white passerine bird native to Australia and southern New Guinea.

I’m glad I’ve clarified that. Couldn’t have anyone speaking disparagingly of my favourite bird.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg magpie 3.JPG (25.8 KB, 0 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 01-16-2019 at 01:12 AM.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote