View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 02:08 PM   #441
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Tomorrow is Snakes. But in the interim it is about Gary. Yes me.

I had had a school friend come and spend a day with me. Of course we reminisced about everything associated and I brought up my “school certificate” results. This was a pretty low level exam and basically any student with an IQ greater than 60 should pass. Well gary here got a big fat 0, yes zero. One needed from 5 subjects a mark of 200 or greater but a minimum of 30 for the compulsory subject of English. Well I couldn’t make that. High marks in every other subject. But English, 28. Passed the following year. There was a compulsory essay and one topic in the choice of subjects was “aerial topdressing”, well bingo. I scraped through.
Another aspect in which I was poor was communicating. It was not a big thing in our household. I do remember well my parents discussing with me my school report and the teacher reported “gary has difficulty expressing himself”. That was a fair comment and in addition to that I never defended myself well against criticism even unfair criticism. It was easier to let it pass.
Why am Itelling you all this? Well it is this forum that has taught me to express myself much better. Now I don’t let unjust criticism pass. My self esteem is better and since I’ve written about a broad range of subjects I’ve come to realise I’ve had an interesting job and indeed life. The support I have had from readers has confirmed this and I acknowledge and thank you all. And I welcome comments and questions I get from you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dunce.JPG (30.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg professor.JPG (34.1 KB, 1 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote