View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 05:34 PM   #2
CWilson

Default Re: Rattle Rattle...where be the rattle???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31 Model A View Post
For the longest time there was a small rattle inside passenger side, couldn't find it. I thought maybe it was the GAV rod, seemed to subside when grabbed, even Larry thought it was. I had earlier took off the kick panel to install sound proofing pads, nothing there to rattle. Took Sarah out last weekend and it started up again. This time I reached over and pushed in lightly on the door panel, it quit. HA HA!!!!...got back and was about to remove the door panel and I said, do I really want to do this, go there and it might not go back on as easy as it might come off? I said...NO. So a closer visual inspection revealed.....no upper window slide cushion on...either side. Got replacements today from Bert's and.....not a squeak!!!! I'm beginning to become a full pledge 100% Model A Depot maintenance mechanic!!!!
Good job. I still am unable to track down the vibration rattle coming from the engine side of the firewall near the steering column. Haven't had much time to look, as we added a new classic car to the stable, and have been working out the kinks on that.
CWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)