View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 07:09 PM   #15
Bored&Stroked

Default Re: Interesting observation with a 59L block- Still pretty thick @ 3 3/8ths bore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Ayers View Post
4" 2 X 97's to start on a Edelbrock Slingshot. '28 Roadster on a '32 frame. 28 tooth box to start, but have a 26 LZ geared box ready to go as well. Rear is a 3.78's with 16" X 7.00 rear tires.

I may go with 48's if it's not getting enough fuel.

Like your motor, I'd prefer to stick with 2 carbs at this point.

I've been talking to Pete about cams. I'm not opposed to going with the Eliminator, but it will be used as road car and the rumble will be used for my two boys. Need it to have something off the line with all that weight in it.

I have the 3/8ths in hand, but have a core boxed up to go to Pete for a grind yet to be determined.
Sounds like fun! With Ronnie building it - you should have no problems and it will go like stink. Given you're only running two carbs, you might think about the Holley 2110's - like mine, you'll need more CFM than two 97's can really deliver (and really, I don't think the 48's really buy you anything). The Potvin 3/8's is a heck of a cam and as I've proven with my big roller, these engines can take a lot of cam (especially in a light car). You can always swap cams down the road - depending on what lifter type you will be running. I love roller lifters and lots of duration - they just get a bit expensive is all.
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote