View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 12:55 AM   #5
truckdog62563

Default Re: 1938 Tonner Bed Floor Question

I’ll second/third/fourth the suggestion to contact Mr. Wagner. I visited the Benson Ford library to do some of my own research several years ago and was told that Mr. Wagner volunteers there on Thursdays each week. He lives in Michigan. Knowing this I wrote him on a different subject more recently. He suggested I write the library with my question, and pay their fee which I did. Turned out he is the person who did my archive search, and found me engineering drawings of the wheel (7RC 1015) I was seeking help with. Over that span of weeks I exchanged emails with Mr. Wagner and can attest that he is a super nice guy.

I’ll agree with Gary. The bed floors were painted body color. I also believe I’ve seen on the Express beds I’ve had (‘38 to ‘52 are the same bed with different fender stud locations) that the undersides were natural wood with overspray around the perimeter where the guy on the line bent over just far enough to spray the edges of the metal sides. That might be another question for Mr. Wagner. Stu

Last edited by truckdog62563; 10-04-2020 at 01:03 AM.
truckdog62563 is offline   Reply With Quote