View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 03:42 PM   #10
bobH

Default Re: I did not know that......

I just clicked on the above-posted NAPA numbers, and what popped up is that the MA5 is listed as available, 24.99, and the MA9, available, 66.49, and MA7 rotor, 17.99. I have an old Mallory SBC distributor, and I can't tell from pictures if these caps will work. I can say, looking at the business end, I do not see a slot in the cap to index on the distributor body as the original Mallory cap does. I also note that both these caps, spec 'aluminum' contacts. And the pictures sure look like brass to me. (maybe my eyes, or computer image?)
For reference, the Mallory tag on my distributor says part number 2548201, and cap #209, and rotor #309, and point #25042X, and condenser #400. Point gap .020, and dwell 26 deg.
If my local NAPA happens to have either of these caps, it would be very little effort on my part, to waltz over there and see if these caps might fit my old SBC Mallory.

edit... a call to my local NAPA resulted in the same info Fordestes posted... NO, for MA5 (but could possibly find in the system at another store), YES on MA9 (in stock in VA)

Last edited by bobH; 06-10-2021 at 03:51 PM.
bobH is offline   Reply With Quote