View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 03:12 PM   #111
B-O-B

Default Re: Truck based woody

Hi GB;
Been following your adventures from the git go. Not sure you would be interested but I have a 47 truck V8 & tranny 3 speed matching numbers that I would be willing to let go. The bad is the block has a crack about a 1" long 1/2 way down # 8 cylinder. I had the machine shop mag & pressure test it. They epoxied the crack for the test & it tested ok. This is torn down & cleaned & will need a rebuild & bore job. Not sure you want to fool with it but thought I would let you know. The other bad is I'm in Az now & won't be up to Oregon till some time in April. Should you want pics send me an E mail @ [email][email protected]. I also have a 53 merc block & 4" crank.They both(47 V8 & 53merc) have std. bore now & I have about $1100+, invested in both engines & tranny & machine shop the machine shop bill was $350. Lots of parts like flywheels,starter & timing covers,pans,clutch & PPlate,generater,intakes,& waterpumps&heads &stock cams & lifters. pretty much two complete engines & one tranny.
Beings that I'm 82+ I doubt that I will ever get to use them so they are going bye,bye.

Regards, B-O-B

Last edited by B-O-B; 02-10-2016 at 03:31 PM. Reason: private message
B-O-B is offline   Reply With Quote