View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 02:55 AM   #48
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default Re: Model A Fellas please read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28 coupe View Post
Haven't visited in a while and just saw the new comments! Thanks for a job well done! I got tired of reading the "replys" from the "experts" about how wrong some procedures were and had just about stppped logging on.
Re: oiling the wheel studs as an example......an old trucker told me many years ago that the only lug nuts you didn't oil were the ones you wanted to snap off.........I still oil the studs.
Thanks again.

You see where the problem is?

Your expert told you always oil lug nuts!
Ford in the FORD Econoline Service manual and Owners manual states "Never use oil or grease on studs or nuts." (Wanted to use a Ford reference on the Fordbarn.)

Whose expert is correct? Yours, Ford, both, neither? What makes matters worse is when reading a contradiction to long held beliefs one often thinks the other guy is an ass.

One should keep in mind "There is more than one way to skin a cat."

Just so you don't get upset with me, I found almost as many "lube" as "no lube" on the internet. So I can't say who is right.