View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 08:46 AM   #50
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default Re: Model A Fords and Ford 2.0 and 2.3 engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
So in reality, exactly "what" causes this to be such a controversy? Is it a lack of respect for one another? Is it territorial encroachment? Is it perceived "ethics"? Is it the manner in which it is presented? WHY??

It is a matter of respect in my opinion, As I mentioned before there are tons of places to get help with things like engine swaps and other major modifications. I can think of only 3 places that you can get help with stock Model A questions and this one seems to have the most "experts" with the quickest answers.

Specifically, Logan and Jordan are young pups. While, to me, they do have more Model A knowledge then perhaps 1/2 of those on this board, they still are head strong youth that have to realize that there are other opinions other then their own and this forum is not, by design, for heavily modified Model A's and yes a engine swap IS a major change.

I try to answer questions on modifications with the question why. There are many people that think changes have to be done to get a Model A to run and stop. The real truth is 90% of the mods to stock setup that are put into the car are not needed! Let me say that again "90% of mods to stock setup that are put into the car are not needed" There were no turn signals so how can you modify them? There were no seat belts, so how can you modify them? Get where I'm going?

If you want them just because you want them is one thing but if you think it makes things better I will attempt to explain why your thinking is flawed.

Ryan has said on several occasions here and on HAMB what this site was designed to be. He already has a modified site so this has to be different or it will be lost.

Guys don't get me wrong I have no problem with what you do to your cars. You fall into the "because I want to" group. But don't expect us to support major mods on this board.