View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #76
Charlie Stephens

Default Re: Model A Fords and Ford 2.0 and 2.3 engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenparker View Post
I am off on a new wild hair. The adapting a 2.3 liter engine (Ford Ranger Pickup) engine into a Model A. I have read and heard that the 2.0 Pinto engine is an easy adapt and the 2.3 is not a good choice due to fit or some other problem. Can someone shed some light on the goood and bads of putting a 2.3 liter engine in a Model A? i have two of the 2.3 liter engines and want something to do with them.
Back to the original question. If I remember correctly the oil filter on the 2.3 interfered with the steering box (or something like that). I think a Chevy II/Mercruiser Marine is a much better choice of engine for several reasons and if you post the question on HAMB (they deal with this kind of thing) you will get a better answer. Of course the best answer is to leave the original engine in there and maybe add a small amount of speed equipment (and that is what I would tell you if posted on HAMB but with a little more detail). Be sure to drive one with a Pinto and talk with the owners, the owner I talked with wasn't very happy plus in my opinion it looked like weird under the hood. On the positive side nothing is cut and you can replace the engine with the correct engine later when you come to your senses.

Charlie Stephens

Last edited by Charlie Stephens; 10-12-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote