View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 06:40 PM   #259
GB SISSON

Default Re: Truck based woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
No question a liftgate with woodgrained gas lift cylnders is the most functional but you know that ain't happenin'! Go with barn doors and give the windows some style.... Bill
Funny, in the last set of photos I had added a triangle of plywood with a radiused corner in the upper rear corner of the rear side window. I was gonna ask if I should do this in maple like the '47 ford woodies. I know the ford built corner is sawn in and mitered. Then all the while when I think about barn doors I wonder if the two windows should have radiused corners. Henry's wagon lift gate never did. I know the windows need to be big, as my tonner panel's back windows are way too small.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is online now   Reply With Quote