View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 09:24 AM   #183
51504bat

Default Re: Alaska attempt daily report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
So professor it's really none of my business but I feel the need to inquire. When you pull off into one of those obscure campgrounds and setup your tent in the middle of nowhere do you feel safe for the overnight? What I am asking is do you carry a pistol? Beside the four legged critters there can also be two legged varmints looking for opportunity. Like I said it's none of my business but I wonder if any other barners think the way I do... Bill
Even if the Prof owned a pistol and wanted to have it with him there is no way he could have gotten into Canada with it. I drove through Canada on a trip back east several years ago. At the time I hadn't retired yet and was still an active law enforcement officer with protected plates on my car. When I stopped at the border they must have run my plates because the Canadian border official grilled both my wife and me for about 15 minutes trying to determine if I had a weapon in the car. Luckily it was locked in the evidence locker back at the station. Handguns in Canada are a big no no.