View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 01:49 PM   #11
Jason in TX

Default Re: The Race Of Gentlemen

Hello! I'm a member of the Oilers Car Club. First of all, thanks for posting the video! (That's me at 0:12 seconds into the video above.)

The June 4th-5th event is in Wildwood NJ, like the past events. The $50 is an all weekend pass that gets you access to the Friday night Chopper party, with music and bikes. It looks like the bike party will be taking place a block or two away from where it has been in the past in an all new better location!

Saturday is when the racing starts. Racers must be pre-qualified and there will only be about 100 racers. This is just about the most people we can fit in the pits and have time to pair up for individual runs. That means to participate in the driving on the beach, you need to get your submission in soon to secure a spot.

Saturday night, there is a huge party on the beach with live music, circus tents, beer vendors, vintage lighting and a massive bonfire. Its really wonderful end to a great day of racing.

Sunday will be bracket racing. It's an opportunity to pair up the best of the best with trophies awarded to the winning cars and bikes in the late afternoon.

Start times each day are dependent on the tide tables. We start when the tide is going out, and we quit when the tide has almost covered the entire track.

To park your 39 in the classic car section right outside the fenced in beach spectator area, please consider registering it with the http://customsbythesea.com/ website. Review their rules to see if you think your vehicle is a fit.

There is lots of parking near the beach entries, and it's great to have your old car with you in the area, the evening events, etc. I think no matter what, having your old car with you at an event like this would enhance the experience.

This is our first year at Pismo, and we plan to have a few different fun events up our sleeves. It will be a "first time" kind of experience at Pismo, so we will see what happens. We really have no idea what to expect, but you can guarantee that the feel and spirit of fun will match the success of the Wildwood events because of all the great people participating!

Ultimately, we are working hard to make an overall visual experience that attempts to transport you back in time. We really try hard to hand pick vehicles, decorations, vendors, etc that are authentic to a time in the past. We love all the old cars, but can only physically accommodate what we can accommodate, but I guarantee you will love what you see!

I look forward to seeing everyone there and saying hello! Now for another great video!

Last edited by Jason in TX; 03-07-2016 at 02:15 PM.
Jason in TX is offline   Reply With Quote