View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 11:05 AM   #138
GB SISSON

Talking Re: Truck based woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Glad you are busy at your day job even if it gets in the way of your passion! Found a couple of pics of barn doors on a '52 panel woodie makeover at Wavecrest a few years ago. The truck is gorgeous! To keep the pot stirred a one piece hatch will minimize the exhaust fumes that find their way into the cab when you are driving. Their is no cat converter or O-2 sensor to scrub the fumes and the typical tailgate allows lots of fumes in as the stock weatherstrips are marginal at best. I find any time I go for a daytrip I have a headache and bloodshot eyes by days end! Doesn't stop me from going though!! Now go back to work and watch yer fingers...Bill
I have a few fumers myself. Very obnoxious. The finger injuries are part of the elusive charm of woodworking. This was a few years back, but it helped me to get to know the nurse who became my wife. Sorry if you're eating breakfast....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg finger%20injury.jpg (30.5 KB, 66 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote