View Single Post
Old 02-05-2022, 11:33 PM   #11
hogluvr

Default Re: Does this sound like a good flathead build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCatGo View Post
OK.....let's put an end to this 2nd guessing bullshit. I am the builder of the engine in question. I have 60 years of engine building. Tony ground the L-100 for me. I have 3 flatties with L-100s. I love the sound, and that is MY preference. Don't force yours on me. I told the original poster he could come to the shop and see it run on the run stand. I gave him my phone number. He has not called. I offered the new running engine to him for $4,500. I have retracted that offer. I don't know why he would question this forum instead of me about my engine.
Probably because, like I told you after you flamed me for questioning your "reputation " in the email you sent me, I don't know you or anything about you anymore than I know anything about flatheads, I'm admittingly ignorant about these things and eager to learn. I genuinely appreciated your offer and it looked like a very nice build from what little I have seen, but as I told you in my email I was just trying to find out if you were a reputable builder. After the email you sent me today I immediately camebhere and said this whole thing wasn't going to happen. I never mentioned your name, where you were from, hell even where I am from, I was intentionally vague so I wasn't drawing attention to anyone in particular, just looking for opinions because like I said earlier, I know next to nothing about these things and while I told you and will tell anybody else that while I thought what you were asking was a very fair price, it is still a relatively large amount of money to me. I was just trying to do my due diligence. After saying all this and after having apologized to you about unintentionally hurting your feelings I will say that even if you hadn't called this deal off I certainly would have after this mess. So much for telling me not to call you out even though I never had any intention to do so, you ended up doing that and bringing attention to yourself anyway. I was already on the thought process that I wouldn't feel right not doing the work myself as I have always taken pride in trying new things and I'm sure the end result won't be half as nice as anything you've done but I'm willing to give it a shot anyway, and hopefully all the people on here that have tolerated all my dumb questions for being inexperienced with flatheads won't just walk away when I ask more stupid questions after having dealt with all this drama. I'm sorry I don't know if it's because I've become old and cranky in my old age or what, but I'm pretty much done with people getting all butthurt about any and every little thing these days. And that's all I'll say on this subject.

Mods, please do us all a huge favor and delete this thread. And if I've been inappropriate or broken any rules feel free to ban me as well, I'll admit I will be disappointed as I feel this is a great forum with lots of knowledgeable people and good information but I totally understand. I'm going to go crack a beer now and go to bed and quit dealing with this bullshit for the night...
hogluvr is offline   Reply With Quote