View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 09:27 AM   #10
Clem Clement

Default Re: Here is a good one ? door swimming pool..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHuDWah View Post
Did you set fire to the oil to light your way?
After a couple hunreed beeeerz, I had plenty of fire extinguisher fluid. I will say that '54 Merc would tear up the highway. I converted her from automatic to stick shift OD. I had it nosed and decked and repainted '56 Plymouth "ice box " white. I drove her in colleges and through out Air Force pilot pilot training schools.

I was in summer School at Stevens and found time to find a '56 Ford stick OD in a junkyard. The only problem I had was the connecting shaft from the clutch to the pedal system. Our machine shop was open so I had help and good tools. That was not the scary problem: I had not stick shift '54 Merc to copy. Stevens is in Hoboken, Frankie's' town and there were hoodlums everywhere. One day at noon I went down town in the roughest section and looked in every '54 Merc there. By golly, there was a '54 stick near a bar. I raised the hood and measured the length of the shaft an beat feet big time to my hidden car. Loved that car and expected to drive it for ever. That was not in the cards...
Clem
Clem Clement is offline   Reply With Quote