View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 08:20 AM   #528
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

Folks,
Humm? Dont like either of the options for the fan belt. Lifting the engine is probably not going to happen easily. I will look at the U bolt removal. (sounds painful too!) I also may try getting the belt down through the gap, gently, with water as lube?? May be just enough compress-ability to allow that to happen? Or not?

The pulley is the cast one from the engine #1 that was in the truck. It is rather short in length to the intermediate sleeve, and if the crank nut was removed, I think it might come off???
Engine and trans seem to be in the correct locations. All the bolts line up and are in position.

Jim, The wire going across the frame is for the right front turn signal.

So we will move forward with the 32 project. Adding fluids and things today. Maybe get the transmission shifter in place again! Whooo hooo!

Temp is down to 50 F in our area, Nice fall days! Temp in shop has been 65 F with out the heat on yet. Pretty comfortable at this time of year, even to work a little later too.

Non Ford related:
Big doin's here next weekend. Fall in Love with Maple event. Oct 2 and 3rd. 10:00 to 4:00.
wagon rides, apple cider pressing, tractor display, antique cars and trucks, stationary engines, pumpkins, Honey, and Maple syrup! Should be fun. This is our second year for this event. Had a beautiful Model A show up yesterday. Opps, I told him the wrong date.
You can find out about this on line by Googling Casbohm Maple and Honey. Either facebook or website.

So I have to get the 32 out side and the shop ready for visitors too. Yikes!

Hope thinks are good in Ford land! You guys are the best!
Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets

Last edited by sugarmaker; 09-26-2021 at 08:29 AM.
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote