View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 10:00 AM   #30
Kube

Default Re: Help Me -before I go mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart View Post
Stopping and not being able to restart until it cools down is a typical HT ignition failure. Had it with rotors and caps on a crab.
Actually I had a helmet that did that but I swapped it out for a crab and never got to the bottom of the failure.

Mart.
Mart, I've been following this thread as well, I feel for the guy knowing first hand how frustrating this can be.
I agree with you 100% in what is probably the underlying issue.
However, and to reiterate a bit from my previous post, I had ONE car, a '40 coupe that acted exactly this way. It turned out to be one bad spark plug.
Yeah, we are grasping at straws here...

Ooops, just remembered one other nightmare I'd experienced that sounds a lot like this one. Car, another '40 would run for a bit and cut out just like this one is apparently doing. Turned out (after pulling most of my hair out) that a small piece of fuel tank coating had come loose and would get sucked to the pickup tube within the tank.
Engine would kill and after a while, it would start up again. Little while later, same thing...
Once the vacuum within the fuel line had dissipated, the piece of coating would let go of the pick up tube.

This car demands a very methodical approach to diagnosing the issue.
Seriously - I'd love to have this one in my shop.