View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 10:24 AM   #22
tubman

Default Re: '39 Oregon Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene1949 View Post
That's weird. I would think presenting the car and the registration to the local DMV office would clear up their confusion. I've had my '49 plates for 25 year and never had a problem with state of Oregone.
I don't see where there is any confusion. In Minnesota, plates are used (I believe) for six years. After that, new plates are issued and the old ones become invalid. The state has obviously been using the same format (three alphabetic followed by 3 numeric) for at least the last 70 years (there is something to say for consistency). Given this, the probability of re-issuing a plate number is absolute.

The concept of YOM plates on old cars is a recent concept, not even considered when the numbering scheme was developed. I have no problem with the state giving precedence to their numbering system over my desire to run a set of plates that under normal circumstances would have been discarded and destroyed over 50 years ago.

The current plate with my number will live out it's 6 year life soon and the number should become available again and I will be able to use my 70 year old plates once more. Luckily, I will only have to endure this 50 year cycle once in my lifetime.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)