Thread: Loud exhaust
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 09:58 PM   #18
Tinker

Default Re: Loud exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Jones View Post
My hearing is compromised and I don't want it to get worse so when I had the exhaust system built for my truck the guy, he's very young, asked what I wanted it to sound like. I said, "I want it to be like a BMW motorcycle, you see it go by but you don't hear it. A friend calls it my stealth truck. When I'm sitting at a stop sign with the clutch in you can just hear the throwout bearing going around but you have to listen carefully.

I can hear the wife while we're driving and that pays big dividends.

I have tinnitus. Too many times not wearing hearing protection gives me a forever ring. Don't want to make it louder either. I can pin-point the time it started. I was pressure washing inside a garage without ear protection. Ears usually ran after concerts, etc... but usually went away after a few days. But after the pressure wash (gas motor in a confined environment) that the ringing never went away. That was maybe 20yrs ago. Loud noises now can be quite bothersome now. You young bucks, protect your hearing!

That's my spring plan to stealth out my 38 a bit. Even with my duals it'd be nice to cut it in half of the resonators I have. Plenty of flow with fentons exhaust manifolds and dual pipes on my flathead so a good muffler isn't going to hurt that.

Last edited by Tinker; 02-19-2019 at 10:07 PM.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote