View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 11:02 PM   #16
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Default Re: dash rail/panel issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.j. moordigian View Post
In Dan's photo you can see the difference on the hole spacing too the edge. Geez...I must be one of them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrndln View Post
I just measured across the top at the widest point of my CCPU dash (there is a little bulge out toward the windshield side of the dash) and I got 41 7/16". I measured another closed car dash in the barn and I got a little over 42 3/16". I also checked the dash on my 28 coupe - just over 42 3/16". It is weird that the CCPU's dash is only 3/4" narrower than a closed car dash, but look identical to me. The reason there is a difference must be the A pillar to use the model T doors as the gas tank is the same as other model A's. Luckily, I have a dash in my CCPU. I wonder how many people have bought closed car dashes thinking they would fit a CCPU! Why would Ford make two very similar dashes! I don't know if a regular closed car dash could be cut down to fit a CCPU if a CCPU dash couldn't be found. The mounting holes might be slightly different. You learn something new about model A's all the time. Dan Partain might add something to this discussion a little later, as he knows a lot about 28/29 CCPU's.
Rusty Nelson
And this is truly another case where the FORD Parts List...in this case the Body Parts List...was and is wrong on the numbering of that specific part...as seen in the posts above, it truly is not identical to the Tudor and Coupes.

The November 15, 1929 FORD Body Parts List indicates that part number A-45725 is for Standard Coupe; Special Coupe; Sport Coupe; Business Coupe;
Tudor; Closed Cab; A Panel; AA Panel; DeLuxe Delivery; Taxi Cab; Station Wagon but not the case with the Closed Cab...That being the case then... would the Front Belt Rail be somewhat different for the A Panel; AA Panel; DeLuxe Delivery; Taxi Cab; and Station Wagon?

Pluck

Last edited by Steve Plucker; 03-22-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote