View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #12
d.j. moordigian

Default Re: dash rail/panel issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrndln View Post
I just measured across the top at the widest point of my CCPU dash (there is a little bulge out toward the windshield side of the dash) and I got 41 7/16". I measured another closed car dash in the barn and I got a little over 42 3/16". I also checked the dash on my 28 coupe - just over 42 3/16". It is weird that the CCPU's dash is only 3/4" narrower than a closed car dash, but look identical to me. The reason there is a difference must be the A pillar to use the model T doors as the gas tank is the same as other model A's. Luckily, I have a dash in my CCPU. I wonder how many people have bought closed car dashes thinking they would fit a CCPU! Why would Ford make two very similar dashes! I don't know if a regular closed car dash could be cut down to fit a CCPU if a CCPU dash couldn't be found. The mounting holes might be slightly different. You learn something new about model A's all the time. Dan Partain might add something to this discussion a little later, as he knows a lot about 28/29 CCPU's.
Rusty Nelson
In Dan's photo you can see the difference on the hole spacing too the edge. Geez...I must be one of them!
d.j. moordigian is offline   Reply With Quote