View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 10:08 PM   #20
Daves55Sedan

Default Re: Macs Customer service

You guys still living in the stone-age (flathead era), haha, you may have some decent alternatives to get good parts and services, but us guys in the 54+V8 group don't have those options. I have ordered several times from many of the mainstream repro parts suppliers (Carpenters, Concourse, Mac's, Obsolete & classic, etc).
My favorite vendor was Joblot Automotive in Queens village, NY, but they shuttered many years ago. I always got the same guy on the phone when I called them and he knew his stuff. And their prices were outrageously low compared to the other vendors for the same parts. I sure do miss them. I told Concourse a couple years ago I would never order from them again, and I haven't. But no matter who you get parts from now, quality is very substandard.
Carpenters rubber products shrink too much, allowing leaks to occur. All the vendors stock electrical parts from china that have under-rated contacts and substandard methods of attachment. Don't ever buy an ignition condenser from any of them or you will be sorry pretty quickly, points either. Prices are outrageous and rising very quickly. Return policies stink too.
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote