View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 12:27 AM   #57
Milton

Default Re: generator or alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Wow, I like your thinking!! With that same mindset we could also put on fiberglass fenders because they are cheaper & easier to fix than steel, and while we're at it, maybe replace the wheels & tires with ones from a 70's Ford pick-up because they are ½ the price. Oh and instead of replacing the windows with glass, we could use sheet plastic because it is less money too, oh and we can use naugahyde reminants from WalMart for upholstery instead. Oh and that paint at Tractor Supply is much cheaper too...
I like your thinking also!! Better yet forget the fenders and call it a Speedster, maybe some 16" wheels and tires from a mid 30's Ford from E-bay because who cares about price. Glass... we don't need no stinking glass, this is a Speedster same for the naugahyde, who needs it, bare metal bomber seats, the only way to save. Oh yah, Home Depot sells paint in rattle cans.....

Now go re-read my original post and you will see I was contradicting a poster that stated alternators required deep pockets.
Milton is offline   Reply With Quote