Thread: Shock tester
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 05:36 PM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Shock tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Johnson View Post
Does anyone know how many foot-pounds the KRW shock tester applies the the shock? I think I can estimate the length of the arm but not the effective weight at the end of the arm.

Bob, I'm not really sure it matters. Notice the notches on the fulcrum arm that allows the weight to be moved. As you know, in all likelihood the amount of weight is there mainly to move the fulcrum arm to test compression and rebound of the shock by timing the range of motion. The two pins on each side allow the arm to be set multiple times to compare shock travel timing. I'd say the tester only gave a baseline for the mechanic to set the needle to his desired firmness, and then he test drove it to make sure he liked the ride. He likely just adjusted each shock until he was happy, and until he felt opposite sides were dampening equally.

If you still want to pursue the weight, scale it out and give me the dimensions including the extruded portion in the middle, and we will draw it up in CAD to figure the weight it would be when made of different type metals.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)