View Single Post
Old 08-18-2020, 05:37 PM   #7
PotvinV8

Default Re: 1930 Roadster on ebay. Thoughts please.

I would say $15k is too high for that car. Sitting for 40 years isn't a good thing for a car, though some people seem to mention that as if it were a selling point. That's 40 years worth of crap, crud, and accumulation. Wonder what the wiring looks like? What about the brakes? That shot of the underside, you can see rust on the bottom of the wishbone, muffler, and torque tube. What about the frame? The body, floors, and rockers? Forty years of sludge sitting at the bottom of the trans, engine, and rearend...

Keep in mind transportation costs from East Coast to West Coast will probably run $2500+, so add that to your costs, obviously. No paperwork also doesn't help you in CA, though it's not a deal breaker. BUT, if it were me, I would get visual verification of the engine and frame number(s) and run them through the DMV BEFORE you do anything. You WILL have to take the car to a CHP office for a VIN verification. If they find anything odd, you could lose the car.

I see Model A roadsters for sale in CA all the time. If it were me, it would have to be a much nicer car for a much better price in order to make the effort worthwhile. That car in CA MIGHT be worth $10k.
PotvinV8 is offline   Reply With Quote