View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 01:54 PM   #18
jak

Default Re: Model A Estate Plans

The biggest key to remember in all of this is the stuff is only worth what somebody is willing to pay. Doesn't matter if you spent $75 on a part the next person may only value it at $25. So it either gets sold or continues to sit around. What a lot of people don't realize is the amount of work that goes into buying a larger collection. For example I just bought a collection, i've made 9 trips back and forth (2 hours round trip each way) and i'm still not finished moving everything. And then moving it is just the tip of the iceberg, there is sorting the stuff, trips to the scrap yards.... all of that takes time and money to do. I always tell the estate here is my offer, when i'm done it will be cleaned up and you will be able to move on with your life. Some people take the offer, some people spend years going to flea markets to try to sell the stuff. Unfortunately the cost of time and labor must be calculated into pricing. As well as how long will it take to at least break even or even make some money on these. There have been several occasions where i've even told people to contact Maffii or AACA and have all of the parts donated to those organizations. Then it's their problem to move, and store....
jak is offline   Reply With Quote