View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 08:14 AM   #1
pgerhardt

Default Never been easier.

While re-restoring my 29 tudor has had its moments of frustration, yesterday I realized that if I were doing this back in the 70s when I restored my first Model A it would be much harder:

1. Money - Now: I can afford to get the parts and supplies I need. THEN: I would often need to save up for a purchase.

2. Information - NOW: Resources like the Barn and the rest of the internet make finding information only a few clicks away. THEN: I had to hope someone published a book with the info. Yesterday after only a couple of hours after posting a question here on the Barn I discovered I had the wrong spare tire carrier installed on my tudor (an A1380-B instead of an A1380). Thanks Barn members!!!

3. Parts - Now: So yesterday (after checking the JS) I found out that I needed an A1380 spare tire carrier. However I needed not just any A1380. The one I needed for my early 29 had A1383 on the inside of the casting. Within 20 minutes I had located one on E-bay and purchased it!! THEN: I'd hate to think how long I would have had to search swap meets, or read Hemmings to find one! (I did not know about Bert's back then.)

So, if you are like me and trying to bring a Model A back to as close to original as possible, be thankful your doing it now!

Last edited by pgerhardt; 06-03-2015 at 08:26 AM.
pgerhardt is offline   Reply With Quote