View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 02:28 AM   #2
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: 1941 Ford Open Drive Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoupe View Post
Did a search on "1941 Ford Open Drive Conversion" and found next to nothing.

Was looking for a bolt in, or even a weld-in, kit to connect the radius rods and a new torque arm to a pivot and weld that to the frame.

Motivation is to run a T5 or Tremec 5speed. I've read dozens of posts on this conversion. To me, sounds overall easier to do an open-drive conversion than to mate the T5 to the torque tube.

Your thoughts on 1941 Ford open drive conversion.

Hey SoCal ......Can't blame a guy for wanting to shift gears with a newer technology transmission in an old Ford...I can relate! Believe it or not, a friend and I have actually converted a torque tube to a T5 in a '35 Ford with an 8BA flathead engine. Click on the link BELOW if you have any interest in reading the full thread with pictures and details on that project.

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showt...T5+TORQUE+TUBE

If you have not realized the benefits of a correctly-installed (geometry-wise) banjo rear end, spring and supporting radius rods/torque tube, then there is still one good, proven path for you to take with your project, and that is to go ahead and install a preferred rear end using one of the well-proven installation kits like the one offered by "Chassis Engineering" utilizing a pair of semi-elliptical springs just like you might find in an everyday '55 Chevy or '67 Camaro. The kits are well-engineered, simple to set-up, and won't break the bank. That way, you don't have any guessing to do as far as modifying/reinforcing and correctly-articulating a banjo rear end in your '41. See the link BELOW! DD

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/c...+5cb4a9ba25bce

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE

Last edited by V8COOPMAN; 11-29-2021 at 06:43 PM.
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)