View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 04:14 PM   #31
Dick Carne

Default Re: Decided against turn signals.....what about this idea?

I have to agree with Ken Bolton above. I'm not sure that many drivers these day even know what hand signals are anymore. I too, had an experience several years back where I was signaling a left hand turn only to have a much younger driver pass me on the left even with a solid center line (I presume because I was slowing down for the turn). That incident taught me to now crowd the center of the road if it happens to be something other than a main thoroughfare where there might be actual turn lanes. While I don't have them on all of our cars (yet), I am looking to add them as time and finances permit. And like Bob Bidonde above, I have used the cowl lights and tail lights on the one car that these have been added on to thus far - and rather than use a turn signal lever off the steering column, I chose instead to use the toggle switch sold by S/M Electro-Tech Inc. and have mounted it to where it just barely shows in the center just below the dash rail (68C). I still haven't figured out what to use in the front on those cars that don't have cowl lights, but hopefully I still have a little time to figure out something that will at least be somewhat "era sensitive".

Having said this, anything that you might do to call attention to your plans to make a turn would seem to prove helpful ... and there are multiple ways to "skin a cat". Good luck on this - I hope that this method will work well for you.
Dick Carne is offline   Reply With Quote