View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 12:12 PM   #19
sugarmaker

Default Re: Decided against turn signals.....what about this idea?

EOG,
I can see both sides of this for sure. I sure like the look of a original unmolested car and its spartan features. But:
I will use my truck as an example. I bought this truck and it had been off the road since 1952. (70 years) So the truck was 20 years old (a 32 model) when retired. The original owner had installed aftermarket turn signals on the front fenders, the arrow type, Also headlights had been changed to sealed beam. rear stops lights had been added, with dual bulbs for signals. reflectors had been added to every corner of the dump bed too.
Fast forward 70 years and the roads are not nearly as safe for these older slower vehicles. Hand signals are a thing of the past, other than a central finger showing you that your number "one"!
I chose to add all the signals and lights that I felt were appropriate and safer as I travel the highways today in that ol' truck.
Just my two cents for what its worth. Its your vehicle, do what makes you comfortable on the roads. Have fun getting out and enjoying it too!
Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote