View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 06:49 AM   #113
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

Hotcoupe, KDL, Folks,
Thanks for the cramp suggestion. We have used the over the counter Leg Cramp pills and they work in about 5 -10 minutes.

I need to call Coker and Millers on the tires. I need 7 of those rascals. Just goes with the territory of these projects. I am used to it as almost all my tractors have required new rubber. Those are about the same price range too. Just only need two for the rear of a tractor!

I completed the right front brake review. repair, clean and reassemble. Also greased the zerks on both sides of the front end. All but one took grease. Took the front brake rods off and cleaned up the adjusters and lubed with a dab of never seize. They will be ready for tuning the brakes when needed.
Will get the over size pins and open all the holes to .340+ dia. and install the new pins at some point. Forf now its just back as it was. No parts laying around! The only new items used up to this point has been cotter pins.

On to the rear brakes:
Have the right rear wheels off. (learnig about the double stud over stud system)

Of course one stud stayed in the wheel. We got it apart. Just took a little noodling, cleaning, and wire brushing of the treads. Correct tooling and paitence!

Now the hub seems to be VERY tight! Probably just stuck on stud areas and the axle. I did release the brake shoes, by turning the adjuster counter clockwise (if you are looking at the backing plate from under the truck). Tried my puller and it broke so she is tight. Suggestions welcome here but My guess it just will take time, blaster, and the right tooling and it will pop off? Maybe a BFH too? I see the key in the axle.

shot of disrtributor: Need to check MAC's for parts.

need drivers side door guide (missing) Drivers door has damage where this attaches.

Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets

Last edited by sugarmaker; 06-16-2021 at 09:23 PM.
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote