View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 12:45 PM   #97
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

JimTN, Folks,
Thanks for the reminders I do understand the safety aspects of the split rims. They are at a tire shop and they have the cage to re assemble these.
Glad I was setting down last night as I got the prices of the 6,00-20 Firestone tires, tubes and flaps. Just about $300 per wheel for the new rubber. & are on the list on the list.
The linings on this one brake system, I did spray down with brake clean. I will not fuss with the Asbestos shoe material with out a mask. Thanks for the reminder.
Ok, So I have a plan for seats, tires and brakes. Total cost would be about $3k. So like most things this will stretch over some time to allow some funds to be available.
I have done several tractors and other things and there usually is plenty to do to be ready to spend money. I also still need to get the books David G recommended.
Then the engine. Well I did pick up new spark plugs at NAPA. Beyond that I will start to look at basic items and systems. Fuel, Ignition, compression, and timing! Fluids and tuneup would be on the list too.
Way much to learn on this truck! But on the other hand these are very similar to the 4 cyl tractors I have been working on for 6-7 years. I like the simplicity.

Thanks for checking in on me! Hope things are good in FORD land!
Regards,
Chris
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote