Thread: Shocking Advice
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 09:30 PM   #10
Terry, NJ

Default Re: Shocking Advice

Facing the problem with two cars, I had a set of old tube shocks on My red wheeled coupe and none on my Town Sedan. I too, spent a lot of time looking in catalogs and talking to store clerks trying to match up the old numbers, Nothing, and these are tube shocks. So I decided to just settle for shocks with the same physical dimensions, stroke , etc. What I found was the Monroe Gas-matic #59017. These are a little heavy for a Mod A, that means the ride's a little hard in my Coupe, I haven't had the Town Sedan on the road yet, so they may be great on it. The pair was under $50. This shock is the type with an "Eye" at both ends and pretty easy to mount. These shocks were for the rear. However, I had to make a bracket to bolt on to the back of the backing plate. (Lefts and Rights) See the drawing in my album ,"My A". I also had to drill a 5/8 hole in the frame to mount the top of the shock. I found that this part was fairly easy to fabricate with simple tools. I used 2" X 2" X 1/4" angle Iron. Look in my album, "My A" Good Luck!
Terry
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote