View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 02:00 PM   #15
Paul in Colorado

Default Re: Signal Stat 900 Modification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteva View Post
Here's how to add the 8th wire to the Signal-Stat 900 turn signal switch.

Remove the bottom cover (two screws). You will find 2 rows of 4 tubular rivits with wires soldered to them except for two. The two will be centered in the bottom row. Solder a wire across these two rivits connecting them together and then bring the wire out for the 8th wire and mark it red-green. This wire then connects to the wire from the headlight switch for the cowl lights. The two original wires red and green should be already connected to the cowl lights. Now when the turn signal switch is off and the headlight switch is in the parking light position both cowl lights will be lit. When the TS switch is on then a cowl light will begin flashing.

This is much better than trying to alter the sockets and bulbs in the cowl lights as there is not much room in there. My switch is old and the new ones may be a little different inside but you should be able to figure it out.

I have a wiring diagram I could send you but haven't figured out yet how to scan it to the Barn. Hope the above helps you.
Peteva
Finally! This is the information I was looking for. I should be able to work it out from there. Thanks, Peteva.

Paul
Paul in Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote