View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 06:15 AM   #213
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

Gary, Folks,
Starting to put you guys into my memory bank as how your write and your styles. Sounds maybe wierd, but I have made some very good friends from these forums, From maple syrup to Cub Cadets to Allis Chalmers, to Ford trucks!
I like the mini toilet for the hamster. I usually try to put something next to the unit for scale.
My phone is dying often. I am now way behind on getting pictures to you folks, Have been busy and will get busier for rest of the summer. We have a big show July 16, 17, 18th in Sagertown PA. Pioneer Steam and Gas Engine show! Would love to see folks from the Barn there too. Ford is the Feature tractor. I may have my 32 there for display??

Plan is to pull the head and pan tomorrow and do a review. I did get the valve cover off and was not please with the crud in there.
stuck vales on number 1 not number 4.

Getting pictures downloaded, reduced sized stored and ready. Taks me about 2 hours for 150 pictures I took over the last few day. Dont worry I wont post all of them! Really I wont. Tractor shows, Steam show track rebuild, Grandson, and the 32.

Gary likes this carb:

So I have done more Marvel Schelber carbs on Allis tractors. I am not a big fan of the Zenith. Friend John S loves the Tillotson carbs. What are you opinions? In this case I don't have a Tillotson so we rebuild what we have and hope it works fine.

AC Fuel pump, So is this a replacement or original?

Question there were a stack of the diaphragms in the pump. maybe 5-6 layers? I got one in my rebuild kit. This sound correct??
Sorry a little messy here:

I didn't mean too but broke this hose from the gas line to the fuel pump. I think David said it may not be correct any way. Question is: The end going into the pump looks to be a special shape?? for the seal/ fit to the inside of the pump? Can I get a temp hose from NAPA to work? Any suggestions. Havent tried to get a short hose yet. And am a ways from being ready. But this actually may be the item to complete the fuel circuit.

random shots:

new items from kit going back in the fuel pump:

tiny little "C" clips to hold the cross shaft in place. shaft was removed and new return spring installed for the rebuild kit.

I chose to use the old screws for the case and the old acorn nut on the top. Just didnt thik it would look right with the bling under the hood!

Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote