View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 07:29 PM   #15
Dominic Hide

Default Re: Throttle valve rod and linkage on 1956 Thunderbird

There is no rod for manual transmission. Automatic rod differences are determined by year of car (or year of bellcrank used). Your bellcrank is correct for 1956, which you have. The bellcrank pictured by dmsfrr is correct for 1957, the major difference being the attachment point for the kickdown clevis. He is using the correct clevis for 1955 and 1956. The correct ,one for 1957 is U shaped with a pin and cotter pin tor attaching. Rods for both would be the same length. The rods are both the same size and use 1/4 inch thread and locking nut. (common wrench size for 1/4 inch is 7/16). Your rod appears to position itself correctly, so expect it's correct. The 1955 rod is the same diameter but due to the bellcrank design is a little shorter, and also has some offset built into it. The clevis I showed is correct for your car and, going by the picture posted by KULTAZ from the CASCO catalog, so is the 7354 part number. I will look tomorrow to see if I have more than the one '55-'56 part, (I know I have extra '57s). If I do I will send you one.
Dominic Hide is offline   Reply With Quote