View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 06:14 PM   #91
James Y

Default Re: FINALLY…T5 WITH Torque Tube in a ‘35-’40 Ford...The WHOLE STORY!

Thank you for the compliments, I am in Edmonton, Alberta in the frozen north, will send pics when I get back, out of town for a couple of weeks. The rear end is from Hot Rod Works, went down to their shop and picked it up in the fall of 18. It is 40 p/u bought off a farm in southern Saskatchewan, original to the family.

The theme of the truck is kinda a Hot Rod military truck, based on a British 8 cwt WOC1, which stood for War Office C1, as i understand it, when Britain was going to War there was such a shortage of trucks Ford of England contracted Ford either USA or Canada (not sure which) to supply chassis, running gear and sheet metal as far as the firewall. The contract was for 2000 trucks, as the war was just starting and the BEF forces (British Expeditionary Force) after evacuating from Dunkirk lost almost all their vehicles, of the 2000 made, only 1survived, it is in England.

I am not doing the soft top original version, i will be using a cab similar to the Dodge in the other pic.

I was planning to start a build thread soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D8BDC436-EABD-45D0-AC74-107CFDEA4F06.jpeg (42.8 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg A7F26AA5-5D4A-4A12-983B-9B8F51F4D8EC.jpg (67.1 KB, 84 views)
James Y is offline   Reply With Quote