Thread: ethanol
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #19
Purdy Swoft

Default Re: ethanol

I've had nothing but problems with the ethanol adultrated fuel. If the model A isn't driven on long trips or every day until it all gets used, there will more than likely be problems. It is best not to leave it in the model A gas tank for over two weeks. It reduces power and MPG, it causes the valves to become sticky and partial loss of compression.Ethanol has really played hell with my weed eater and power saws. Ethanol swells rubber. I had to use channel lock pliers to mremove the gas cap on my power saw after the use of ethanol fuel. The carburetor had to be replaced on my weed eater. We use it in the modern car because it is driven every day and refueled at least once a week. We finally got a Shell station that sells real gas at the back pumps. If I couldn't get real gas for the model A's. it would be more trouble than it would be worth for me to run them at all. Newer vehicles can handle it better. I don't drive my model A's nearly as often as I use to but I want them to be ready to crank and go when ever I'm ready.
Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote